Pay for Performance
    P4P Overview
    California Value Based P4P
       Program Governance
       Manuals & Operations
       Financial Transparency
       Awards & Public Reports
       Program Assessment
       Program Updates


  Bundled Payment


  DOFR


  CALINX


  Grants & Projects


  Speakers


  Publications & Resources
 
 

Awards

2014 Award Winners for Measurement Year (MY) 2013

MY 2013 Excellence in Healthcare Awards

MY 2013 Medicare Five-Star Awards

MY 2013 Medicare Stars Most Improved Awards

MY 2013 Quality Performer Awards

MY 2013 Quality Most Improved Awards

MY 2013 Quality Honorable Mentions

Excellence in Healthcare Award

“Excellence in Healthcare” award winners are physician organizations that have been successful at achieving strong quality results while effectively managing costs. To earn this recognition, physician organizations must have performance that ranks in the top 50% for clinical quality and patient experience and cost performance. Cost performance is based on the Total Cost of Care, including adjustments to account for members’ risk and geography.

Quality Performer Award

“Quality Performer” award winners are identified as any physician organization whose overall achievement score meets a comprehensive threshold based on the top 25% score for each measure included in P4P—and who doesn’t have any individual measure scores in the bottom 25%. The overall achievement score for quality is determined by calculating achievement scores in each of the three P4P quality measurement domains, which are then weighted according to the recommended P4P payment weightings: clinical quality 50%, patient experience 20%, and meaningful use of health information technology 30%.

Most Improved Award

“Most Improved” award winners are determined by calculating the relative improvement for each physician organization on the overall achievement score for this year compared to the overall achievement score for last year. The physician organization in each of the eight P4P regions that has the highest relative improvement score for overall quality performance— and does not decrease performance in any quality measurement domain—is recognized as the most improved group in that region.

Medicare Five-Star Award

“Medicare Five-Star” award winners are five-star rated physician organizations, identified by comparing performance on individual Medicare Stars measures against national benchmarks provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) which were then combined into a weighted overall Stars rating across a set of 14 Part C (Medicare Advantage) and Part D (Prescription Drug Plan) measures.

Medicare Stars Most Improved Award

“Medicare Stars Most Improved” award winners are determined by calculating the relative improvement for each physician organization on the overall Medicare Stars score for this year compared to the overall score for last year. The physician organizations that improved by at least ½ Star overall are recognized as the most improved groups in California.