About the job:
Reporting to the Director of Analytics for the Align. Measure. Perform. (AMP) Program, IHA is looking for an Analytics Manager to drive the implementation of data-driven insights and ensure the reliability and consistency of data validation pipelines for the organization. This position will help synthesize and organize technical program needs in collaboration with the Program Operations and Strategic Design and Initiatives (SDI) teams. The ideal candidate is a healthcare industry professional, who can serve as a bridge between internal and external stakeholders and executes on cost-effective, high impact initiatives that move the needle on key industry pain points in California.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.
At Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA), we bring the healthcare community together to overcome barriers to high-value care. For more than 25 years, we have championed a more integrated care system that improves quality and affordability for patients in California and beyond. As a non-profit business league, we are funded by the healthcare industry to help make the system work better for everyone. Our mission-driven executive team and staff work with cross-industry leaders to solve big, systematic challenges such as performance measurement and provider data management. With core values of Collaboration, Candor, and Impact as our guide, we align healthcare around shared goals—and new possibilities. We use data and insights to help everyone improve. We build what is needed to drive lasting change. Because we envision a healthcare system where patients get the best possible care at an affordable price.
IHA celebrates integration, as our name suggests, by building an inclusive, varied workplace welcoming to people of all backgrounds and identities. We value such diversity at all levels of IHA and believe in treating all people with respect and dignity. We recognize the centuries of discrimination faced by individuals with minority identities and backgrounds and affirm our effort to eliminate the ongoing impacts of these historic inequities. Our commitment, led by all members of our community, is centered on embracing the value of all individuals and celebrating diversity at IHA.
Core job duties and responsibilities:
- Organize, track, and effectively close out analytics and engineering project timelines via tailored sprints or alternate methods that enhance productivity
- Partner cross functionally with the Program Operations and Strategic Design and Initiatives (SDI) team to ensure deliverables are tracked and executed effectively and efficiently
- Consistently review and assess the quality of analytics and engineering deliverables to identify opportunities for process improvement and implement best practices
Data Intake, Validation and Reporting
- Serve as a steward for the AMP and Atlas Program data intake validation processes
- Document, update and implement a validation rules bank that governs the data intake validation process.
- Centralize and consistently contribute to technical program documentation across AMP, Atlas and SDI programs
- Manage and curate internal and external analytics dashboards and APIs
- Become an additional subject matter expert (SME) resource on the design and content of AMP and Atlas database schemas
- Custodial responsibility for updating the internal AMP and Atlas databases
- Attend meetings and actively collaborate with teams from healthcare plans, provider organizations, technology vendors and policy makers to drive project deadlines and help resolve any technical program issues
- Provide additional resourcing needed to support program functions or new program initiatives determined
- BA/BS in a STEM discipline, public health, statistics, or related field with emphasis on analytical or quantitative skills.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in project management and healthcare analytics
- 3+ years of relevant experience in healthcare analytics, healthcare IT, and/or database management
- Successful prior work experience as a project manager, technical project manager, management consultant/associate or analyst with proven track record of successful deployment and/or maintenance of healthcare information systems
Bonus if you have
- A Master’s degree in Public Health or related discipline
- A Project Management Professional Certificate
- Experience with HEDIS measurement or claims-based data
- Experience with SQL coding or other programming languages
- Competitive salary
- Great work environment (Lake Merrit in Oakland)
- Subsidized gym membership
- 401K contribution
- 20 paid days off per year
- 10 holidays + the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support resources:
- Optum Counselors 24/7 (Online Therapy) – Talkspace
- Meditation Apps: Headspace and Calm
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
Senior Manager Pay Range: $120,000-$135,000
US work authorization is a prerequisite to employment for this position.