About the job:
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the operational readiness, delivery, and launch of key Symphony program initiatives. This role will work closely with Symphony’s technology vendor as well as cross-functional stakeholders within IHA. They will manage scope, requirements, timeline, and risk/issue mitigation to ensure that Symphony’s objectives are met.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.
At Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA), we bring the healthcare community together to overcome barriers to high-value care. For more than 25 years, we have championed a more integrated care system that improves quality and affordability for patients in California and beyond. As a non-profit business league, we are funded by the healthcare industry to help make the system work better for everyone. Our mission-driven executive team and staff work with cross-industry leaders to solve big, systematic challenges such as performance measurement and provider data management. With core values of Collaboration, Candor, and Impact as our guide, we align healthcare around shared goals—and new possibilities. We use data and insights to help everyone improve. We build what is needed to drive lasting change. Because we envision a healthcare system where patients get the best possible care at an affordable price.
IHA celebrates integration, as our name suggests, by building an inclusive, varied workplace welcoming to people of all backgrounds and identities. We value such diversity at all levels of IHA and believe in treating all people with respect and dignity. We recognize the centuries of discrimination faced by individuals with minority identities and backgrounds and affirm our effort to eliminate the ongoing impacts of these historic inequities. Our commitment, led by all members of our community, is centered on embracing the value of all individuals and celebrating diversity at IHA.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manage the launch and roll-out of key deliverables to Health Plan and Provider Organization clients in partnership with Client Success and Technology Vendor
- Responsible for holding IHA stakeholders and Technology Vendor stakeholders accountable to scope, requirements, timeline, and deliverables
- Drive the traceability of business requirements, IHA design review and sign-off process ahead of Vendor delivery
- Manage the completion and ongoing monitoring of the Core Operating Model process definition and supporting playbook, governance and program management processes.
- Collaborate with internal and vendor stakeholders to facilitate program and product backlog prioritization process, and any change requests or documentation needed
- Manage alignment of Symphony product roadmap, client dependencies, and Symphony program objectives
- Proactively identify, document, and mitigate risks and issues including clear and thoughtful recommendations for resolution
- Lead risk mitigation discussions and frame up recommendations and drive decision-making and next steps
- Ensure key client and programmatic dependencies are clearly documented during planning process and well understood by all necessary stakeholders
- Effectively communicate relevant status updates to program team, vendor stakeholders and organization leadership on a regular basis
- Contribute to the refinement of program management methodologies within IHA and define/improve development and business processes as needed
- Analyze client and program data to identify trends, drive process improvements and opportunities to increase Symphony value proposition
- BA/BS required and Masters level education preferred in health-related field (e.g., health care administration, public health, health policy)
- 5+ years of experience in the combination of product or project management with proven experience in developing and launching projects from end-to-end
- 3-5 years of experience working with Agile teams to ship and implement product roadmap deliverables with clients/users
- Experience and desire to work with Product Managers, Product Owners, Client Success, and other business stakeholders to drive delivery
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and preference for working autonomously to drive desired results
- Highly organized, methodical, and proactive, with inclination for polished documentation
- Unflappable and decisive problem solver who excels in banishing ambiguity and influencing without direct authority
- Excellent communication skills including ability to understand and synthesize information quickly and interact successfully with people of all levels
- Thrives in high-paced environments and enjoys juggling multiple projects with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Fluency with platforms including JIRA, Tableau, Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Project management certification such as Six Sigma or PMP and experience working with provider data and/or database products within healthcare industry a plus
- Competitive salary
- Great, flexible, work environment – work remotely or in office by Lake Merritt in Oakland
- Free snacks, tea, and coffee
- Subsidized gym membership
- Mental health support services
- Optum Counselors 24/7 (Online Therapy) – Talkspac3
- Meditations apps: Headspace and Calm
- 401K contribution
- 20 paid days off a year + 18 holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Pay Range: $80,000 to $115,000
US work authorization is a prerequisite to employment for this position.
Please fill out the form below to apply.