About the job:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Data Operations and Analytics, IHA is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to drive the scalability and effectiveness of our data validation pipelines and insights in support of recurring program needs, technical development efforts, and health policy. The ideal candidate possesses excellent end-to-end quantitative thinking, a deep intuition for anticipating data issues, and can manage multiple project simultaneously. This is a unique opportunity to work on challenging projects that move the needle on key health care industry pain points in California.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.
At Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA), we bring the healthcare community together to overcome barriers to high-value care. For more than 25 years, we have championed a more integrated care system that improves quality and affordability for patients in California and beyond. As a non-profit business league, we are funded by the healthcare industry to help make the system work better for everyone. Our mission-driven executive team and staff work with cross-industry leaders to solve big, systematic challenges such as performance measurement and provider data management. With core values of Collaboration, Candor, and Impact as our guide, we align healthcare around shared goals—and new possibilities. We use data and insights to help everyone improve. We build what is needed to drive lasting change. Because we envision a healthcare system where patients get the best possible care at an affordable price.
IHA celebrates integration, as our name suggests, by building an inclusive, varied workplace welcoming to people of all backgrounds and identities. We value such diversity at all levels of IHA and believe in treating all people with respect and dignity. We recognize the centuries of discrimination faced by individuals with minority identities and backgrounds and affirm our effort to eliminate the ongoing impacts of these historic inequities. Our commitment, led by all members of our community, is centered on embracing the value of all individuals and celebrating diversity at IHA.
Core job duties and responsibilities:
- Accelerate the data intake validation process and ensure effective translation and implementation of technical requirements for internal and external stakeholders
- Maximize the efficiency of the Program Operations team with effective documentation, reporting and analysis. This work will include data file transformation, validation of a variety of data sources, and advanced comprehension of clinical quality, utilization, and cost data
- Collaborate with and provide subject matter guidance to the team on building data infrastructure, data ingestion, file layout creation, benchmarking, and tailored analysis
- Clearly and concisely summarize data and provide analytic insights to inform decision making for internal and external clients
- Query datasets from highly normalized databases
- Generate program results and deliverables based on a variety of IHA developed methodologies
- Any other duties or ad hoc modeling as required to ensure data analytics operations are successful
- BA/BS in STEM discipline, public health, statistics, or related field with emphasis on analytical or quantitative skills.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Passion for healthcare data and the healthcare industry
- High proficiency of Python, R, or STATA to analyze large datasets and support automation
- Intermediate knowledge of Tableau
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficient analytical and critical metacognitive skills
- Well versed in combing through datasets, performing thorough validations and building impactful data visualizations.
- Can communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively to various stakeholder personas
- Experience executing on multiple deliverables under competing deadlines
Bonus if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Public Health or related discipline
- Experience with HEDIS measurement, claims-based data, or health information systems
- Competitive salary
- Primarily remote work with access to our Lake Merritt office in Downtown Oakland
- Free snacks, tea, and coffee
- Subsidized gym membership
- Mental health support services
- Optum Counselors 24/7 (Online Therapy) – Talkspace
- Meditations apps: Headspace and Calm
- 401K contribution
- 20 paid days off a year + 18 holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Pay range: $80,000 – $120,000
US work authorization is a prerequisite to employment for this position.